Scripbox is a friendly investment service that simplifies the investment journey of anyone who wants to get started with investing for whatever savings need they might have.
As the first step, we make personal finance jargon-free and simple. We simplify complex investing concepts and automate them so everyone can grow their wealth. We do this by combining cutting edge technology, data-driven algorithms, awesome UX and friendly customer support.
Our task is ambitious and we like to work hard as well as smart. We want to build a team that relishes challenges and contributes to a new way of thinking.
We are looking for a leader well acquainted with data science paradigms. You are excited about building data science and machine learning at a fast-paced, growing company to build out a data team to work on data our science platform. You will set the best practices around how we build data products and machine learning models across the company. You will partner with engineering and product executives to design strategy and tools to empower the data science team and the company at large.
You would manage a team of data engineers and analysts working on these example challenges:
- Anomaly detection.
- Core algorithms we should implement in our ML infrastructure.
- Set metrics and assess performance of infrastructure.
- 6+ years of experience in quantitative analysis.
- A strong educational background in an engineering or technical field, PhD in a quantitative field preferred.
- Experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, and Python etc.
- Experience with common data platforms - Hadoop, Kafka, and Spark etc.
- Passion for scaling data work and improving the efficiency of teams.
- Strong understanding of statistics and machine learning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond, raise the bar. You are an insatiable doer and driver.
- Strong execution and organization. Your team will be working with engineers and product leads at the bleeding edge of the development cycle. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset - you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.